Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's not so scary after all!

Last Saturday Kath, Anita and I did a photography course up at Mount Tambourine with a fabulous company called Bluedog. It is run by two extremely talented and lovely people, Nick and Danielle Lancaster who have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to photography and who really made it all sound so simple. I got heaps out of the day and came away having learnt heaps about my own camera as well as Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO. I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to get to know their camera better as well as demystifying the lingo that goes with a camera.

I thought I would share a couple of photos (straight out of the camera) that I took on the day, not brilliant ones by any means but just shows you some of the cool things we did........

like freezing water


















and slow shutter speed nighttime photos














closeups with a blurred background













and landscapes with a long depth of field.



















On Sunday Col took Hudson for a 'boys' day out to the 'Festival of Speed at Tweed' so Ella and I had a lovely girly day together. We went for a picnic down to a lovely park on the river - Colmslie Park and of course I had to take my camera with us for a bit of a play. Ella wasn't really into co-operating much (what's new) but I did manage to take a couple of photos like these ones of my girl :)


1 comment:

Sharon Larmour said...

Just make sure you teach me all your secrets when you come down next month. Those photos are gorgeous.