Friday, July 6, 2007

Having a Fabulous week......

My Mum and Dad arrived here on Monday night, just in time for my Birthday and it's absolutely fabulous having them here. The kids are loving it and ask first thing in the morning "Where's Nana and Poppy?" and then proceed to harrass them for the rest of the day. It's been nearly 2 years since they were here last (when Huddy was born) so it's been a long time. We've seen them quite a lotdown south, they just haven't been able to make it up here with Mum being so unwell for the last few years. Thankfully she's on the mend now though. We don't have very exciting plans for them while they are here but are just enjoying being able to spend each day together.

It was my Birthday on Tuesday and I had a wonderful day!! We had our regular park catchup where Megan bought along a fabulously delicious flourless chocolate cake and they all sang Happy Birthday to me. Col took half the day off and so we went out for lunch to Sirromet Winery for a really beautiful lunch. The weather was magnificent and the view there is lovely. The kids all had a great time playing together in the kids area while we all had a lovely wine or two. It was a wonderful lunch with wonderful family and friends and I was spoilt rotten. There are no photos though as I forgot my camera which I was very cross about.

Some more exciting news I got this week is that I've been chosen to be part of the Design Team at my local Scrapbooking shop, The Scrapbook Princess, Yahoo!!!! I'm really excited and still a bit surprised that I was chosen but I can't wait to get started. My lovely friend Gayle was also chosen so I'm sure we will have a lot of fun together :). The very talented and gorgeous Briohny is a Design Team member there already and I'm hoping that some of her talent will rub off on me.

4 comments:

Dustyjo said...

Happy Birthday Jan! Congrats to you and to Gayle, you are both so clever with your s/b-ing they're lucky to have you!

random thoughts said...

God Love, you make me *blush*. Happy Birthday to you. Sounds like you had a positively delightful day of celebrations. How wonderful.

Kathryn Woods said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous. And congrats on the design team! You'll be fab I know. xxxx

keelysmum said...

Happy Birthday Jan, glad you had a lovely day with your family and friends. Enjoy the special time with your mum and dad - I know I do when I see my parents. Congrats on your new job, that is excellent and I can see why they chose you, your layouts are excellent. Take care. Love Steph x