Friday, June 6, 2008

WoooHoooo!!!

I decided to challenge myself and do a layout for the blog 123 Challenge for last month. I checked on the blog this afternoon and lo and behold I won a prize!!!!! I can't really believe it, it's a huge surprise, particularly seeing it's the one and only challenge or competition I have entered before. I won a voucher to spend at the online store ScrapTherapy which will be fun trying to choose what I will get, not sure how much its for, $20 I think.

Here's the layout I did for the challenge. You had to use a CD as an embellishment, at least 3 different patterned papers and a 5x7" photo or something from the garden used as a stamp. I went with the 5x7 photo. I used the gorgeous Scenic Route papers from the Lynden range which was their Easter range, such beautiful spring like colours.

The butterfly is a Heidi Swapp Acrylic one that I covered the back with a butterfly from a serviette (thanks for that Ruth!!).
Also another one using a photo taken early last year, I just can't keep up, lol. Lots of machine stitching on this one which you can't see in the photo but which adds some texture to it, love these Dreamstreet papers. gorgeous colours. I think I have thing for green at the moment, lol.

3 comments:

Sharon Larmour said...

Congratulations you clever thing! I always knew you were a star! Fabulous layouts as always xx

Anita said...

Hooray! And to think you thought you had ruined it with your final touches. Congrats xxxx

Kathryn Woods said...

well done Jan! It's a great layout. xx