Friday, June 27, 2008

Big excitement in the Fletcher house!!


The first is that we have Andrew, Sharon, Max and Jemima arriving here next Monday for nearly 2 weeks and the kids are so, so excited about having them here. I love the way they all play so well together (not that it looks like it in this photo taken last time they were up here), we are planning a few special days out with them to make the most of their visit. I wish they could stay longer as I know their visit will just fly by so fast and we miss them all so much. I know Sharon's response to that would be to move back home but unfortunately it's not that easy. I wish it was. We will just have to make do with the couple of times a year that we see them.


The second excitement is that Hudson has finally decided that he wants to wear big boy jocks!!!!! He tells me he's not a baby anymore but a big boy so needs to have his 'wiggle' jocks on. I'm very excited about the idea of having no-one in nappies anymore but not really looking forward to the time I know it is going to take him to get it all down pat and all the accidents I'm sure he'll have. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it happens quickly, lol. It also makes a little bit sad as it's just another sign that my baby is growing up, sob, sob!

3 comments:

Sharon Larmour said...

We're all very excited about coming up too. I just need to finish packing and tidying this messy house and we'll be on our way.

Yay for Huddy being a big boy and wanting to wear jocks. Wahoo!

Jemima is obsessed with the toilet and the potty but so far hasn't produced anything. I don't think she could handle getting tights or jeans down in time to do a wee if she was really needing to go. We're going to wait until summer time I think. Who knows though...maybe Hudson can have a word with Mima.

Ruth said...

A very exciting two weeks ahead for you Jan, and family. What fun!

Best of luck to Hudson. He seemed very proud of his new jocks when he was showing them to me the other day. A huge milestone for him...and you....no more nappies. You know you might just be able to afford that Thailand trip after all with the money saved from nappy buying.
xx
ruth.

Anita said...

Yay for having your family close and YAY for Huddy! I'll keep everything crossed that it goes smoothly!
xxx